Friday, October 17, 2008

My Biodata

I am a 3rd year undergraduate at the National University of Singapore (NUS), currently majoring in the Biomedical Sciences. I attended Crescent Girls’ School and completed my ‘A’Levels at Saint Andrews’ Junior College. An active girl guide during my days in Crescent Girls’ School, I was appointed to take up the role of a patrol leader. In addition, I was awarded the President Guide Award in 2002 in recognition of my leadership skills and commitment towards the organization. I was also awarded the Crescent Girls’ School Colours Award for my outstanding performance in my Co-curriculum Activity as well as the Silver Award for academic excellence in 2003. Being an individual with good communication and interpersonal relation skills, I served in the marketing committee for TalentQuest’07, an annual nation-wide event organized by the Faculty of Science at the NUS.

5 comments:

Shaun Ler said...

Hey Joyce! I felt that you done a good job describing your various academic and non-academic achievements and these will definitely serve to impress people reading your biodata. The various skills that you mentioned will also help to portray a positive and professional image of yourself. However, you can also consider including your interests, hobbies and aspirations in your biodata as it will help people to understand you better.

miranda said...

hey joyce,
I am impressed with your history! How i wish i have such impressive history too. Anyway, thanks for sharing with us your achievements. Your experience is invaluable. I think you have done a great job in telling us your achievements. Others who have read it will definitely be impressed with it. However, I have to agree with shaun that your biodata may include some other personal information that would make others feel closer to you. They would be able to connect with you better.
Anyway, I am impressed with your schievements!! Good job!

Matthew said...

Hey Joyce, you have many awards. Haha. Excelling both academically and in your CCA is impressive. Also, I feel that 100 words is not enough to fully cover the different aspects of an individuals biodata. Therefore, minor adjustments could be made to add in the points that Shaun and Miranda mentioned. Other than that, good job.

Brandon said...

Hi Joyce, a general impression I get is that you certainly have strong attributes of a leader. Perhaps, it would also be useful to include other personality traits that describe you being lively, etc.

You have highlighted your awards and achievements in a well organised chronological manner. Your active participation and outstanding performance in the co-curriculum activities strongly supports your capabilities of not only in academics but also as a responsible leader with effective interpersonal communication skills.

grace kim said...

Impressive biodata for a job application but I would also like to know one or two details about you as a person - your goals, interests, etc. :-)